1. How to Enter: You may enter the AQS 2012 Ford Focus Give-away (the “Give-away”) in either of the following ways: (i) by visiting the American Quilter’s Society 2012 Quilt Show & Contest-Paducah, Kentucky, April 25-28, 2012, during the hours of 9 a.m. Central Time (CT) to 5 p.m. (CT) or at the 2012 AQS Quilt Show & Contest-Grand Rapids, Michigan, August 22-24, 2012, during the hours of 9 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) to 6 p.m. (ET), and on August 25th 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. (ET), and providing your name, complete address, phone number, and valid e-mail address on the official entry form (limit one entry per household and/or one per e-mail address); or (ii) hand print your name, complete address, e-mail address, and phone number either on a postcard or separate piece of paper no larger than 8½” x 11″; place it in an envelope; and mail the card or envelope to AQS Ford Focus Give-away, PO Box 3290, Paducah, KY 42002-3290 (the “mail-in address”). Limit one entry per household. Mail-in entrants must be received by August 10, 2012. If an entrant uses multiple e-mail addresses to submit more than one entry, those entries will be considered ineligible and will be voided. These official rules are also available at the American Quilter’s Society website or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to AQS 2012 Ford Focus Give-away, PO Box 3290, Paducah, KY 42002-3290. All entries become the property of the American Quilter’s Society and will not be returned. No Purchase Necessary.
2. Eligibility: This Give-away is open only to legal residents of the continental US who are 18 years of age or older. Officers, directors, employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children, and each of their respective spouses) of Schroeder Publishing Company, Inc., their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited, including Florida, New York, and Rhode Island.
3. Grand Prize: The one and only prize in this giveaway is one (1) 2012 4-Door Sedan SEL Ford Focus. Decorative wrap shall remain on car for one (1) year from date of delivery. Total ARV estimated $21,245.00 (US). Sponsor has arranged to pay the purchase price for the Grand Prize to Paducah Ford, Paducah, Kentucky. All costs and expenses associated with any element of the Grand Prize not specifically addressed above, including but not limited to income or transfer taxes, licensing and titling costs, customization fees, costs or expenses, and any other fees, are the sole responsibility of the Prizewinner. Sponsor shall solely determine the specifics of all aforementioned elements of any prize in the Give-away. Some restrictions may apply. Prizewinner agrees that AQS has not made or is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize. No substitution, transfer of any prize (or any part of a prize package), or cash alternative is permitted. The Grand Prize is not redeemable in cash. There are no cash prizes. The winner must pick up the Grand Prize at the close of the 2012 quilt show, Grand Rapids, Michigan, no later than August 27, 2012. The Grand Prize is provided “AS IS” and “WITH ALL FAULTS.” Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are solely between the manufacturer and winner; therefore, winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty and/or guarantee.
4. Drawing and Notification: The Prizewinner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on or about August 25, 2012. Potential Grand-Prize Winner will be notified by email on or about August 25, 2012. If Sponsor does not receive email acceptance of the Grand Prize by a potential winner within twenty-four (24) hours from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the winner and other matters pertaining to the Give-away shall be final. If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential prizewinner, or if potential prizewinner fails to comply with any of the requirements, an alternate winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
5. Tampering: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Spnosors’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Give-away, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Give-away, the judges reserve the right to terminate the Give-away and conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all entries received as of the termination date. Should the Give-away be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the American Quilter’s Society website.
6. Use of Information and Likeness: When you provide an e-mail address on entry, you are consenting to receive promotional e-mails, reminders for upcoming AQS promotions, information about American Quilter’s Society membership, and promotions from the Give-away Sponsor. The use of e-mail information shall be subject to the privacy policies of the American Quilter’s Society, which are available on the AQS website. Consenting to receive such e-mails will not improve your chances of winning. Entrants may also receive information from Sponsor regarding other promotional offers. Grand-Prize Winner consents to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online announcements, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
7. Release of Liability: By entering this Give-away, all entrants and winner, and their successors, assigns, family members, guests, invitees, agents, and employees release, hold harmless, and agree to indemnify Sponsor, as well as the respective officers, directors, agents, employees, shareholders, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliated companies, Give-away partners and prize suppliers, and affiliates of the Sponsor and all others associated with the development and execution of this Give-away from, against and for any and all actions, claims, losses and/or liability with respect to or in any way arising from participation in this Give-away and/or acceptance or use of the prize and any related travel and/or activities, including but not limited to liability for personal injury, death, damages, taxes, fees, expenses or loss, including but not limited to attorney’s fees.
8. Technology Failure or Human Error. Schroeder Publishing Company, Inc. d/b/a American Quilter’s Society (“Sponsor”), their affiliates, distributors, dealers, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Give-away; inability to access the American Quilter’s Society website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or illegible or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction; printing or human errors; mailed entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, or postage due, or any combination thereof. Proof of mailing is not considered proof of delivery or receipt.
9. Governing Law. This Give-away is governed by Kentucky law. The venue of any legal action or lawsuit relating to this Give-away shall be in a court located in McCracken County, Kentucky or the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, Paducah division.
10. Winner’s list: To learn the name of the Grand-Prize Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope after August 24, 2012, to AQS 2012 Ford Focus Give-away, Winner’s List, PO Box 3290, Paducah, KY 42002-3290. Requests received after October 31, 2012, will not be honored.
11. Sponsor: Schroeder Publishing Company, Inc., d/b/a American Quilter’s Society, PO Box 3290, Paducah, KY 42002-3290.
American Quilter’s Society [link to: www.americanquilter.com]
Filed under: Uncategorized